Q&A / Deliverables for Project Swords and Magic
There are a few things I should mention about this game before I explain what this game is. First of all, I am making this game for my friends, family, and myself so that we can all play together. I live a small distance away, and the best part about this game is we can close that distance through a game. Well, I want to make the ultimate game with the best player experience in mind. So without further en-longing this blog, let's get started.
What is Swords and Magic?
Swords and Magic is a low-poly open world sandbox survival game that the player gets to do whatever they want in, whether it's progress through the story / lore of the game or simply living in it doing whatever they see fit.
What are the Demographics?
This game is meant to be played by anyone that wants: an adventure, to cast magic, to swing a sword, to create, to have fun. The target audience is everyone, and should appeal to anyone.
What Will I See In The Game?
You will see a vast open world to explore and set home in. In this world, everything should be a pleasure to look at.
Generalized Deliverables
Here is what I have in mind for this game of mine.
Cooking will be no exception. I am going to want the player to be able to collect ingredients, and put things together to create foods. Just a fun little aesthetic thing for the player for the time being.
Is there a question I didn't answer or a Deliverable you would like me to go more in-depth with? Want to ask a question personally? Please, leave a comment down below. I will try to read it and reply.
Infinite World Gen
The player will be able to explore a vast open world consisting of multiple biomes, beautiful terrain, and ruins to explore left behind.
I am hoping to get Beautiful, Ideal Terrain with a dynamic ECO system for the flora and fauna.
I am hoping to get Beautiful, Ideal Terrain with a dynamic ECO system for the flora and fauna.
Manipulable Terrain
The player will be able to mine resources from the world, and use them for whatever they may need them for, whether it's for building, crafting, or stocking, the choice is up to the player.Destroyable Objects
The player will have the ability to destroy everything in sight. This includes old relics, a pile of bones, or the Dragon Statue at the edge of the cliff.
Chanting Magics
The player will be able to use magic / cast spells by using their voice. The spells have no limit, and to the best of my knowledge, there will be hundreds of unique spells.
Thaumaturgy
As the Google definition states, "The use of magic for non-religious purposes; the art and science of 'wonder-working;' using magic to actually change things in the physical world". To you, this would mean using magic for science, or the part we can't explain, to make complex things simple with magic.
Combat
I am hoping to have an in-depth combat system for the player. There is no PvP or PvE or anything like that. It's more like, whatever you swing your sword at and accidentally hit, it will be cut, blundered, and whatnot. If you cast a fireball at a tree, it will catch fire, and so will your wooden house that is right next to it.
Multiplayer
I have always loved multiplayer games, and this is a must-have feature in this game. I am hoping that his small part does not affect the game too much. I will develop this game with Multiplayer in mind.
Story and Lore
There will be a intriguing story to this game, and a lot of lore, where if the player follows, could be generously rewarded.
Object Creation / Blueprint System
The player will have the ability to create objects, and blueprint them. The creation process, as of now, will be "attach a blade to a hilt" or "Add this binding to this pickax head and tool handle". How the player will achieve the parts for this is a secret. ;)
The player will then be able to save their creation and "Blueprint" it. What this means is the player will not have to re-create their beloved mythril dagger with 20 blades on it, instead, they just have to make a Blueprint of it, slap a name on it, and save it for duplication later. As long as the player has the right materials on hand, the player will be able to create as many blueprints as they want.
Cooking / Potion Brewing
The player will have the ability to use in-game objects to make potions. These potions are used by extracting the magical essence of these in-game objects and consume the potions to earn a special effect.
Cooking will be no exception. I am going to want the player to be able to collect ingredients, and put things together to create foods. Just a fun little aesthetic thing for the player for the time being.
Skills
The player should be able to use things, and become more comfortable using them. For instance, the more the player swings a 2 (two) handed broad sword, the faster they will be able to do it, and the more damage they will be able to deal. They will also earn skill points to spend in order to put them into attributes for their character.
Conclusion:
I will work on these pieces individually to a playable state and get demos out there for everyone to play. That's the idea anyways, and I hope to see you in-game some day.
My name's Corbin, and I'm signing off.
Is there a question I didn't answer or a Deliverable you would like me to go more in-depth with? Want to ask a question personally? Please, leave a comment down below. I will try to read it and reply.
Comments
Post a Comment